[SOLVED] Can i Install a ssd with a graphic card screw?

Jun 22, 2020
im planning to get a new m.2 ssd tho idk which one to get but i lost my m.2 screw and i found how the screw on my graphics card fits in it. would it be safe for the ssd and the graphics card to have a missing screw? (i also have a old 660 or something idk if the screws on that would work)
would it work?

Solution
no, ssd the screws for ssd are smaller ones

your ssd/gpu will function the same without a screw, it is meant to hold them i n place, so for as long as they can remain in place, even when te case is moving ti should be fine

maybe check your mobo box for screws?

your ssd/gpu will function the same without a screw, it is meant to hold them i n place, so for as long as they can remain in place, even when te case is moving ti should be fine

Solution
Jun 22, 2020

All Of my pc parts are my brothers and there all like 2 years or more old so I don't think we have the box any more. I'm surprised the screw on my graphics card fits into it lmao. Thanks