Question Can I install external fan in place of speaker in Dell Optiplex 3060 SFF

Apr 11, 2023
I have an Dell optiplex 3060 SFF. Recently I installed a GT 710 gpu and it gets hot so much. So thought to install a external fan. I have a fan that can fit in the internal speaker wire slot by removing it. I don’t really need speaker as I use headphones. So is it ok to install a fan in speakers a lot as it fits exactly

Lutfij

Titan
3116056303.jpg

717L4EUuE4L.jpg

The issue is with the case, not the lack of a fan(per se). The other thing to note is that the motherboard doesn't have a spare PWM fan header with which you could add a fan. It does have a PWM fan header for the CPU, which you could use a splitter for but you're going beyond spec of that prebuilt.

Apr 11, 2023
3116056303.jpg

717L4EUuE4L.jpg

The issue is with the case, not the lack of a fan(per se). The other thing to note is that the motherboard doesn't have a spare PWM fan header with which you could add a fan. It does have a PWM fan header for the CPU, which you could use a splitter for but you're going beyond spec of that prebuilt.
Ye I know but I have same pin fan which correctly fits in speaker slot. So I want some professionals thoughts about it

The problem is that you want a 'fan' header that provides 12 volts. The speaker header provides an incredibly small (millivolts) to the speaker and only at bootup. Your option is to split the cpu header as suggested, or if you have a spare molex connector available from the psu, you could get an adapter to connect that to the fan.

Apr 11, 2023
The problem is that you want a 'fan' header that provides 12 volts. The speaker header provides an incredibly small (millivolts) to the speaker and only at bootup. Your option is to split the cpu header as suggested, or if you have a spare molex connector available from the psu, you could get an adapter to connect that to the fan.
Oh thank you for letting me know 😀