Question Can i install High Definition Audio instead of Conexant/Synaptic Smartaudio?

Jaison2k1

Reputable
Oct 5, 2016
The laptop model is Lenovo E41–25 which came with the pre-installed synaptic smartaudio driver. The sound is incredibly lower than than my another old laptop which is a 2013 model. Now in sound enhancements tab i have only disable all sounds effects,nothing other than that.

https://i.paste.pics/6HSN4.png

https://i.paste.pics/6HSYN.png
So can i install high definition audio driver (my older laptop have this and its seems much better)instead of this synaptic driver? and if so how?
I tried some steps like updating the driver,uninstalling and letting the os reinstalling it and also installing the driver manufacturer website(It just says you have the best driver version). Nothing worked.

Some articles says that i should have an app named Smartaudio (where i can increase sound by using equaliser) but it is missing in my case.
I appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Hello

If the Smartaudio app is missing, you can always go to the vendor's official website, and obtain the latest version of the program from the driver download page.

You can follow this link to check the latest drivers for your laptop.

Sometime, the app is integrated in the driver itself and such installation file is comparatively large in size.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

I'm thinking the AMD High Definition Audio Driver is the default Windows 10 audio driver for your motherboard. Go to the Device manager and double click the Synaptic Smartaudio driver and chose Update driver. Click "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" If the High Definition Driver is available it should be there. Windows may warn you that it is not the best driver but just pick install anyway.

You may also want to see if the Synaptic Smartaudio driver is installed through Programs and features. If it's there you can uninstall it and hopefully Windows will stay with the default High Definition driver, if indeed it is available and works.

Last edited: