[SOLVED] Can I install my Watercooler onto motherboard

Urppana

Commendable
Aug 2, 2019
Can I install my Antec Khuler 920 onto my am4 msi pro v2 a320 matx motherboard that I used previously on my z87 lga 1150 motherboard? Right now I'm using wraith prism that I got with 2700x and the temps are too high while gaming(75celcius). So the question is can I remove the things that keeps the wraith prism in place so that I can insert my watercooler onto it? Those 2 black things that hold the prism
a320m-pro-m2-tuning.png

Solution
Yes, you can remove the mounting plastic from the motherboard (the 2x black things). No worries.

If you look at the mounting hole spaces though, it's rectangular. The 2 screws in the same plastic piece are closer together than they are to the other plastic piece. That's AM4 mounting. And it's different from the AM3+ kit that fit all prior generations of amd sockets.

Lga 115x is all the same, from 1156 1st gen to 1151 9th gen. Square. So you will need to obtain/purchase a AM4 mounting kit for that pump.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, you can remove the mounting plastic from the motherboard (the 2x black things). No worries.

If you look at the mounting hole spaces though, it's rectangular. The 2 screws in the same plastic piece are closer together than they are to the other plastic piece. That's AM4 mounting. And it's different from the AM3+ kit that fit all prior generations of amd sockets.

Lga 115x is all the same, from 1156 1st gen to 1151 9th gen. Square. So you will need to obtain/purchase a AM4 mounting kit for that pump.

Solution