can i install the stock intel cooler on i5 6600k ?

z33zu_khan

Commendable
May 7, 2016
i am on a tight budget and i was wondering if i could kind of cheap out on the cpu cooler because if i get the cooler i wouldnt be able to get the harddisk on the budget i have :( HELP !!

Solution
I'd just get a cooler, something like the H7 from Cryorig or the Hyper 212 EVO would be fine to about an OC of 4.6 anyway and only run about $30

z33zu_khan

Commendable
May 7, 2016

sorry dont even know how to use this site ..
may be the 4th or 5th generation cpu cooler on the 6th generation cpu ?

Yes, but only if you already have it. If you need to buy a cooler, then get one of the coolers suggested by Tradesman1.

Lucio_1

Commendable
May 4, 2016

Not a good idea to use intel stock cooler on I5 6600K, that´s why it doesn´t even comes with a cooler, so you´ll get an after market, as already said (H7 from Cryorig or the Hyper 212 EVO)

If you´re on a tight budget, better wait and save some money before using you processor until buying an aftermarket cooler, getting a K processor the investment must include an aftermarket cooler, otherwise you may damage you processor

lodders

Admirable

Of course you can use an Intel stock cooler (e.g. from a Haswell or Ivy Bridge i5 processor).... it will work fine.
Unless you overclock your CPU, in which case it will probably overheat.
Check your temperatures when running 100% load. If it is above 75°C, then slightly reduce your Vcore and processor speed - (known as underclocking) until you can afford a proper cooler