[SOLVED] Can i install the whole browser on RamDisk?

Amigo1982

Distinguished
May 3, 2015
Can i install the whole browser on RamDisk?
I mean to download and install Opera, instead to C:\ (default Hard drice) to install on Ramdisk new created drive and to setup RamDisk to save data on shutdown and to load data on startup. Or you write here please how to setup that way that all Opera data to be saved.
Very few tutorials on internet how to move Opera cache to RamDisk, obviously I want not only the cache, but the whole program.
Windows 10. I have very fast SSD, but I understood that using RamDisk will help the life of SSD to be much longer!!

Solution
The life of your SSD will not be impacted in any meaningful way due to running your Opera browser.
And you will not see any user facing performance increase by running it in a RAMDisk.

Just leave it (and everything else) on the SSD. Far less hassle.

USAFRet

Titan
The life of your SSD will not be impacted in any meaningful way due to running your Opera browser.
And you will not see any user facing performance increase by running it in a RAMDisk.

Just leave it (and everything else) on the SSD. Far less hassle.

Solution

Amigo1982

Distinguished
May 3, 2015
Well, regarding many internet reviews not only will increase the speed, but ssd live. I do not why web surfing does not affect ssd live, especially ssd read. I installed Opera on my new DataRam RamDisk. But I cannot see Opera cache absolutely nowhere in RamDisk, even when Opera is running. van you just help me to be sure that Opera cache is on Ramdisk?
I found that tutorial:
http://envyandroid.com/speed-up-web-browsing-by-putting-opera-cache-on-a-ramdisk/
It is from 2011, but latest version of RamDisk has no user pref - cache directory4 menu.

USAFRet

Titan

From your link:
"These are the results, compared to the regular harddrive, to the right:"
"30 May 2011 "

2011, before SSD's were in common use.

For your question:
As long as the RAMDisk has an actual 'drive letter', you should be able to tell Opera to use that.