Question Can I install win 7 ult x64 to GPT partition drive?

Lutfij

Titan
You should be able to install Windows 7 without affecting all the other partitions on your drive. Converting both would entail you to restructure the drive, meaning you will loose all data if you use CMD/Diskpart to restructure the drive. I suggest backing up all content on your drives to an external storage device and then proceed with installing the OS(Win 7) after cleaning the drive.

stiffmeinster

Reputable
May 30, 2016
Win7 installer will do that itself. Done it before upgrading win7 to 10 then a fresh win7 install on the same drive afterwards.
How should I set up the BIOS to boot the pendrive?

How should I make the pendrive with RUFUS ?

I got "A required CD/DVD device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

I tried all 3 USB port.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Bios to boot from usb

Win7 iso loaded onto usb as bootable by rufus

Dvd drive error, youre not booting from dvd so probably win7 is getting confused what usb ports you have. Win7 doesn't have usb3 drivers embedded with the install, it only recognise usb2. It is possible to mount usb3 drivers but that is done yourself. Search Win7 usb3 drivers.

stiffmeinster

Reputable
May 30, 2016
Bios to boot from usb

Win7 iso loaded onto usb as bootable by rufus

Dvd drive error, youre not booting from dvd so probably win7 is getting confused what usb ports you have. Win7 doesn't have usb3 drivers embedded with the install, it only recognise usb2. It is possible to mount usb3 drivers but that is done yourself. Search Win7 usb3 drivers.
I found a program called MSI win 7 smart tool. It adds the driver to the pendrive.
Now I could boot deleted all partition on the SSD , and wanted to make a new partition .

I got this message. https://ibb.co/58dCVTt
Any idea?