Question can I install windows on a new drive

mason.swedin

Prominent
Jan 21, 2019
so I have issues with win 10, it won't display my time correctly alone with other things so id like to restill it. every time I install it it makes me delete my drive so I bought a new drive. Can I just install it on this new drive and everything will work correctly? or would I have to reinstall applications and stuff due to them not being on the windows drive anymore

May 27, 2019
Unfortunately you will have to resintall all your applications even if you install on another drive.

However your files on the drive you're not installing Windows will be kept safely.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
so I have issues with win 10, it won't display my time correctly alone with other things so id like to restill it. every time I install it it makes me delete my drive so I bought a new drive. Can I just install it on this new drive and everything will work correctly? or would I have to reinstall applications and stuff due to them not being on the windows drive anymore

you can install to a new drive, but you would need to install everything else too before it would work.
when the programs install they change windows system files and settings to accommodate the programs needs. without all these small changes the programs will not work with windows and this is why you would need to re-install everything after windows.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS