[SOLVED] can I install Windows on an SSD from my old HDD?

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
basically i want to install windows on a new sdd from windows 10 that i have installed on my old HDD

The reason I want to do this is because I can't access the bios to change the boot order.

Thank You

Solution
I was able to access the bios from the UEFI Firmware Settings but only without the pen drive inserted... But if i plug it in before restarting the computer, it will go on a loop to try to boot from the pen drive
That could work here.

When you restart with the USB drive it tried to boot from that drive? So go ahead and download your windows media creation tool and run it, create the install media and reset the PC.
Now it will boot from the USB drive which will let you install windows on the drive of your choice.
Remove the USB drive once its done and go into the BIOS and set the preferred OS drive.

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
I was able to access the bios from the UEFI Firmware Settings but only without the pen drive inserted... But if i plug it in before restarting the computer, it will go on a loop to try to boot from the pen drive

That could work here.

When you restart with the USB drive it tried to boot from that drive? So go ahead and download your windows media creation tool and run it, create the install media and reset the PC.
Now it will boot from the USB drive which will let you install windows on the drive of your choice.
Remove the USB drive once its done and go into the BIOS and set the preferred OS drive.

Solution

VitorMoreira2525

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
That could work here.

i already have the media tool installed on the pen drive, but when i have it plugged in, it only reboots forever or shows a static "Toshiba" logo :/

Could it be a faulty pen drive?

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS