[SOLVED] Can i just Plug in a new SSD to a older PC to download just games then plug it into a new PC once it is built?

Sep 23, 2020
I will be building a new pc in a couple days but am waiting on my mobo to arrive, while i already have my SSD's i was wondering if i could just go ahead and plug one in to my current pc that i am using, download all my games onto it BUT NOT THE OS and then once i build my new pc, if i would be able to just plug it with all of my game files properly working without any software or programs needed. I would be using a different fresh SSD as my boot drive and would be installing the OS onto a that other SSD using a USB so this SSD that i want to plug into my current pc now would just be specifically for games.

Solution
on this scenario, you could have problems with NTFS permissions too.
You would have to take ownership of the folders on the new PC, and assign permissions.

another solution is to copy all the files in another hard drive, format the sdd, and copy everything back. that would reset all permissions.

neojack

Reputable
Apr 4, 2019
on this scenario, you could have problems with NTFS permissions too.
You would have to take ownership of the folders on the new PC, and assign permissions.

another solution is to copy all the files in another hard drive, format the sdd, and copy everything back. that would reset all permissions.

Solution