Question Can i keep my hotwheels in my gaming PC?

dudePRAKHYAT

Reputable
Apr 30, 2019
Since my cabinet has a transparent side, i'm wondering if I can place a hotwheel on my GPU to give it a awesome look

Mar 31, 2019
Under certain circumstances, I would say yes.
The cars wheels are usually made of non conductive plastic or rubber, so that should not be a problem, however, you gonna wanna make sure, that you do not move the PC, as long as the cars in inside it.
Also, check that there are no metal parts touching ANY of you PCs components!
Additionally, if you have a Graphics card with a backplate, like I do (RX 570 Nitro+ 8GB), it should be perfectly fine.

Mar 31, 2019
It won't melt right? I also have another which is made of plastic.
Honestly, I did not think about that. What kind of graphics card do you have? Depending on how hot it gets under full load, it might get pretty hot, but then again, I cannot imagine that it will get hot enough to melt plastic. If it would, it would most likely because there is something wrong with your case's cooling solutions or the graphics cards cooling.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Melt? No. The plastics used have melting points well above the feasible temperatures inside a case.

Some plastics will become more soft/pliable with heat, but even then, I would expect the plastics used in Hot Wheels to be a heck of a lot stronger than that.

Reactions: ytkilian
Since my cabinet has a transparent side, i'm wondering if I can place a hotwheel on my GPU to give it a awesome look

This would be a pretty nice looking mod to a case to have some places to put in model cars in. If you can find an acrylic display case for the cars and use clear glue to attach it to the side of the side panel, it would look pretty nice with the computer case acting as a display case for the cars.

Like this

51QwxUyHDBL.jpg