[SOLVED] Can I kill my case with static electricity?

CraigsCraig

Prominent
Mar 24, 2019
Hello!
My new PC case just arrived and I wanted to take a closer look at it, but when I touched the top of the case I got a shock from static electricity. It is just a case but it still has this little PCB for the USBs, audio and the power button. Is it possible that little PCB to have been killed by the shock? ( will build after a week or so )
Thanks for the help!

Solution
Hello!
My new PC case just arrived and I wanted to take a closer look at it, but when I touched the top of the case I got a shock from static electricity. It is just a case but it still has this little PCB for the USBs, audio and the power button. Is it possible that little PCB to have been killed by the shock? ( will build after a week or so )
Thanks for the help!
VERY unlikely. The discharge happened through the metal in the case. Any powered components in the case would not be directly connected to the case. I wouldn't worry about it.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello!
Thanks for the help!
VERY unlikely. The discharge happened through the metal in the case. Any powered components in the case would not be directly connected to the case. I wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: COLGeek
Solution