can i make a windows image with macrium reflect on a western digital green drive (hdd)

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
i want to make an image for my pc so i can recover from it if something bad happen

but can i save the image on my green hdd from western digital

or do i need a blue hdd faster

does it affect the image in any way ?

Solution

I do exactly that. The WD Green is in my PC specifically and only for drive images and backups, using that exact software.
You are fine.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The relative speed of the HDD is largely irrelevant. That will only impact the time to write to and read from the HDD, but the difference will be negligible.

It is definitely a great idea to have a good backup and that should be refreshed from time to time.

The green is good, no worries.

USAFRet

Titan

I do exactly that. The WD Green is in my PC specifically and only for drive images and backups, using that exact software.
You are fine.

Solution

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
thank you
I created the image
my c drive which include my windows 10 and programs is 42 GB while the image created by the program only 16 GB ??
also if I verify the image from the program to check if it good does that actualy delete or replace anything from my system files ??

USAFRet

Titan

It is compressed. The Default is Medium.
Also, it does NOT bring in the Pagefile or Hibernation files.
ApP1pBe.png

You can change that to None, or High.

sosolola

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
thank you sir
just last question
does verify actualy delete or replace anything from my system files ?? does it safe to use it to check the image ?
I don't want the verify to miss anything with windows 10 files

USAFRet

Titan

'Verify' just checks the image to make sure it is not corrupted. It doesn't delete anything.