Question Can i make local device available to internet?

mmzf

Reputable
Jun 17, 2018
This is my router wan:
O2cP180.png

the ip is nat, is there any way i can make my local machine available to internet? my dynamic changing ip is also not accessible even if enabled via router port forwarding, is there any way other then using cloudflare and another server to make my device visible to internet? like host website or irc server?

kanewolf

Titan
This is my router wan:
O2cP180.png

the ip is nat, is there any way i can make my local machine available to internet? my dynamic changing ip is also not accessible even if enabled via router port forwarding, is there any way other then using cloudflare and another server to make my device visible to internet? like host website or irc server?
Since you don't have a public IP address, you can't easily do what you want. You should start by contacting your ISP. You may be able to get a public IP address just for asking or by paying a small monthly fee to your ISP. Then you would use a dynamic DNS service to associate a URL with your public IP address. That will allow someone to get to your router from a URL. Then you have to port forward, or use the DMZ feature on your router to make local services available on the WAN.

Reactions: parker_307

mmzf

Reputable
Jun 17, 2018
Since you don't have a public IP address, you can't easily do what you want. You should start by contacting your ISP. You may be able to get a public IP address just for asking or by paying a small monthly fee to your ISP. Then you would use a dynamic DNS service to associate a URL with your public IP address. That will allow someone to get to your router from a URL. Then you have to port forward, or use the DMZ feature on your router to make local services available on the WAN.

I had a chat with them they can't currently provide ip on their current setup. I know this would make everything much easy..

kanewolf

Titan
I had a chat with them they can't currently provide ip on their current setup. I know this would make everything much easy..
The only alternative is to setup a VPN to another host. That host then redirects traffic through the VPN. I have never done it this way, but since the external connection to the other end of the VPN is initiated from your LAN, the fact that you don't have a public IP address is not an issue.

There are vpn services that will give/sell you a fixed public IP. Although it depends what you are running on your server but many times it is cheaper to just one of the many cloud hosting services that to use the vpn.

Since your ISP does not offer public IP you are going to have to pay one way or another for some service that does.