[SOLVED] Can I make my pc run any faster?

Mar 7, 2019
I’ve recently built a new pc and it isn’t running as well as I thought it would be. It also just can’t record anything well.
Here are my specs:
Gtx 1060 6gb Zotac
Motherboard - MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS LGA 1151
8th gen Intel core i5 8400 2.8ghz
I’m using the stock intel cooler on it but I am going to try installing a new one but not sure if that will make to much of a difference.
Ram HyperX Fury 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
1TB SATA III HARD DRIVE
Corsair CXM 750W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply

It struggles to run ganes like fortnite at 60fps at medium settings. I get better performance on my xbox. If there is maybe I’ve missed while building it, maybe downloading software or something like that then please let me know. Or if this performance for this hardware is normal then please let me know. Thanks you :)

Solution
What about drivers for the graphics card? Are they up to date?

You can always try a fresh install of the drivers by selecting clean installation. That will completely replace the driver rather than just update parts of it.

You might also just run through the Nvida control panel and make sure things like 3D mode or Dynamic Super Resolution and things like that are turned off.

Also want to verify your monitor is running at the appropriate refresh rate. And if you are using V-sync in game or via the control panel that could be artificially limiting your FPS.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Did you plug the monitor into the GPU or the motherboard? It should be in the GPU.

Yes, a better CPU cooler will help keep the CPU boosted longer or constantly. That is good. If you get a large enough cooler it should also be quieter.

Mar 7, 2019
Did you plug the monitor into the GPU or the motherboard? It should be in the GPU.

Yes, a better CPU cooler will help keep the CPU boosted longer or constantly. That is good. If you get a large enough cooler it should also be quieter.

Yeh it is plugged into the GPU
Okay I will install the cpu fan

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What about drivers for the graphics card? Are they up to date?

You can always try a fresh install of the drivers by selecting clean installation. That will completely replace the driver rather than just update parts of it.

You might also just run through the Nvida control panel and make sure things like 3D mode or Dynamic Super Resolution and things like that are turned off.

Also want to verify your monitor is running at the appropriate refresh rate. And if you are using V-sync in game or via the control panel that could be artificially limiting your FPS.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS