Question Can I make RM1000x work with a 900VA/756W UPS ?

Jan 30, 2021
Hey everyone!
I recently built my first ever gaming PC with Ryzen 5 5600x & MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio. I used an RM1000x PSU which I know is overkill, thing is I got it for much cheaper and RM750x which I was hoping for was out of stock in my region.
When I booted for the first time it shut all lights in my room for some seconds and it happens every time I hit power button. I googled and maybe it's my circuit breaker or could it be the low AWG wiring in the house?
And I have one more question - my home UPS is 900VA ~756w (as claimed by the maker) running on a single 180Ah battery. Will this suffice my PC just until I could turn it off safely? I know PSU is 1000W but it doesn't draw 1000W exactly, right?

Welcome to the forums.

A PSU only puts out what's demanded of it.

So you are unable to turn the PC on because every time you do, the breaker trips in your room?

Or no? It's a little confusing because you say that the lights shut off "for some seconds". So then it wouldn't be a breaker because a breaker would typically keep the circuit off.

I'm afraid you're going to have to do a better job of explaining what's going on.

How are you turning the PC on when the lights go out? From the switch on the back or from the button on the case? After the lights come back on, is the PC up and running normally or does it stay off and the lights dim out again when you try to turn it on again?

Jan 30, 2021
Thanks johnnyguru for responding.
It's good to be here. 🙂

Okay I'll try to explain better with what I noticed step by step. I connected my PSU to the wall socket and I heard a low buzzing sound which was weird. Then after connecting all the cables to PC (peripherals, monitor etc) I finally pressed the power button on the front of the case and suddenly my hope UPS made a beep sound (electricity was also available at this point, it didn't run on UPS), lights went out for a second or two (it was momentarily thing) and PC started.

The tubelight in the room was also flickering a bit this entire time PC ran, something I never experienced before. And whenever I shut PC down and turn it on again, similar thing happens, I mean lights don't go out necessarily but it takes a jerk to start things off. I'm really worried now what will happen if power goes out and PC will have to run via UPS.
I want to let you know that besides this PC the most power consuming appliance we have in our house is Air Conditioner and we had to make changes in wiring for it cause it's an old house.

What do you think of it now?