[SOLVED] Can I make Windows 10 not to show any news?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Every time I launch a browser or go to yahoo, gmail, etc. I am presented with tones of news on the browser. If I don't want to see any news and have some mental quietness like the era when only a few people had access to computers and the internet, what can I do? Is there any applications to block out all the news?

USAFRet

Titan
Every time I launch a browser or go to yahoo, gmail, etc. I am presented with tones of news on the browser. If I don't want to see any news and have some mental quietness like the era when only a few people had access to computers and the internet, what can I do? Is there any applications to block out all the news?
That would be in the browser settings.

What browser(s) do you use?

USAFRet

Titan
Mainly Edge. Once in awhile, Firefox.
Firefox:
Lm7L8Jw.jpg

Reactions: modeonoff
Jul 14, 2021
Your problem is that you use Yahoo. One of the major reasons Google overtook the search engine war was because they offered a page with nothing but a search field. In contrast, then-leader Yahoo blasted you with news and multimedia. Most consumers decided they just wanted a search engine, not a portal to the World Wide Web, so they abandoned Yahoo for Google.

As such, just make www.google.com your default home page. Or choose a blank home page.

Reactions: modeonoff

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Your problem is that you use Yahoo. One of the major reasons Google overtook the search engine war was because they offered a page with nothing but a search field. In contrast, then-leader Yahoo blasted you with news and multimedia. Most consumers decided they just wanted a search engine, not a portal to the World Wide Web, so they abandoned Yahoo for Google.

As such, just make www.google.com your default home page. Or choose a blank home page.

But I also try to avoid using google related services.