Question Can I mix 2 brands of ram

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
To put simply, mixing 3000 ram would downclock to 2400 for the two to work together. Being different capacity would have 16GB ram running half dual and single channel.

List pc specs
Ryzen 1700x
B350
1060 gb zotac amp
16x1
1tb SanDisk ssd

So safe bet would be to just buy another 16x1 of 3000 mz correct. ? Can I buy one 16x1 and 8x1

dramacydal

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

You’ve been told multiple times in this thread not to mix ram. Do not mix ram because this is the kind of thing that happens. So either live with it or go buy a proper kit

D

Deleted member 14196

That is a bad idea!
Memory modules must be identical (same brand, same model), otherwise you’ll have incompatibility issues!
What you are suggesting is a terrible idea because you’re still mixing ram. What you do is you buy a kit with multiple RAM sticks sold together

Endre

Reputable
What you are suggesting is a terrible idea because you’re still mixing ram. What you do is you buy a kit with multiple RAM sticks sold together

Buying a kit is the absolute best scenario, but it’s not a must.
I, personally run two of these with zero issues:

Kingston HyperX Fury, HX426C16FB/16 (16GB; DDR4-2666; Timinings: JEDEC/XMP: 16-18-18-39 @1.2V PC4-21300)

D

Deleted member 14196

That’s true only when dealing with high frequency modules (anything above 3200MT/s)!
It’s true when dealing with any ram. Goodbye

We would appreciate it very much if you stop spreading false information!!

you got lucky is all. Others should do as I do and ignore you because your information is terrible and incorrect

Mixing ram is luck. We warned you of this.

I have a dell system that came from the factory with 2x1gb sticks of sk.hynix ram and 2x2gb sticks of Samsung ram. Different brand, diffrerent capacity, different timings. The only thing similar was the clock speed.
The 4 work 100% stable in the dell oem board.

However, many times this does not happen, and you have issues with stability, achieveing rated speed, etc.

Reactions: Endre