[SOLVED] Can i mix 8GB and 16GB ram which are differ in Hz ?

Mar 30, 2020
I got gigabyte h310 s2h with crucial 8gb 2400Mhz. And i'm gonna add crucial ballistix 16GB 3200Mhz.

Is that alowed ?
will i face any problems ?

Mar 30, 2020
Your MB manual says this.

"It is recommended that memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used. "

However...I would try it. I think there's a good chance it will work and if it does I think it will probably run at 2400.
I gonna to buy the ram tomorrow ,so how can i make sure it will work ?

The articles I have read about users mixing ram of different Mhz all say that yes it is possible but the lower rates Mhz ram put pull down the higher rated so in your particular case the 32000 Mhz will not operate at that speed it will be pull down by the 24000 Mhz. If your choice is due to price why not just wait a while till you have a bit more money.

Reactions: #Saleem#
Mar 30, 2020
The articles I have read about users mixing ram of different Mhz all say that yes it is possible but the lower rates Mhz ram put pull down the higher rated so in your particular case the 32000 Mhz will not operate at that speed it will be pull down by the 24000 Mhz. If your choice is due to price why not just wait a while till you have a bit more money.
I'm in a greet need of memory capacity. Percacily i need 32GB 3200Mhz, but now i can buy just one . i want to add 8GB 2400 with 16GB instead of operating the 16gb alone.