[SOLVED] Can I mix RAM of different brands if they have the same exact size, speed, latency, and voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxidane

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
I found a stick of cheap, used RAM on eBay which has the same specifications as my other 8GB stick of RAM. However, it is a different brand.

Would this ruin performance?

Solution
it could be just a bad stick of ram but if the specs are the same it should work, just as long as they have the same form factor like ddr3, speed, voltage you should be good it doesnt matter the name brand
I have used different brands all the time in my computers and laptops and they work great but just make sure the specs are the same as your other ram
Just because it worked for you does not mean it works for everyone/everywhere. Just have a look around here at all the posts where it didn't work (Hint: FAR more than where it does work). Throwing in the randomness of something grabbed off of Ebay tilts things very much to the "won't work at all" side of the table.

pollo5555

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
it could be just a bad stick of ram but if the specs are the same it should work, just as long as they have the same form factor like ddr3, speed, voltage you should be good it doesnt matter the name brand

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
When mixing RAM, there are only 2 possibilities.
Either it works 100%,or it does not.
We've seen both outcomes.

There is absolutely no way to say "Yes it will work"

Reactions: ex_bubblehead
Status
Not open for further replies.