Can I move my A10-7800 to a new motherboard?

Druidsmark

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Hello, I bought a Asus M32BF A10-7800 three months a go which was built using cheap in house non commercial parts by Asus. At the time of purchase this was the best I could buy for $500 + taxes on sale to replace my dead laptop. Since then I have slowly been replacing the parts with good quality ones, last to go is the motherboard.

How do I determine if Asus will allow me to remove A10-7800 apu from the motherboard?

I want to move every thing over to this new ASRock Motherboard Micro ATX DDR3 2400 NA A88M-G/3.1.

Solution

Druidsmark

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
There are numerous good reasons for replacing my motherboard with a much better one. Since I installed good liquid cooling in here to fix the over heating problems, that were the result of the stock cpu fan not being powerful enough to keep my computer cool I have discovered this a decent mid range gaming computer. The computer is capable of playing directX 9 and opengl games on high to ultra high settings at 720p no problem most games as long as Nvidia physyx are not used. It does not start to choke till I try to run directx 10 and 11 games which may be the result of only have 1 gigibyte of shared ram available. The new motherboard will make 2 gigibytes of shared ram available for graphics plus allow me to install a discrete sound card and a better graphics card.

USAFRet

Titan

Nothing in there speaks to a different motherboard being any better than the current one.
And we do not know what the current one is.

Add a dedicated GPU? Sure.
That alleviates the shared RAM issue
Sound card? Why?

Solution