[SOLVED] Can I move my m.2 drive from old PC(intel CPU) to new PC(amd CPU)?

Feb 3, 2020
I have an Intel 660p Series M.2 with my OS and games and other stuff; that I want to move to my new build. I want to know if there will be any complications. Or if its not going to be as easy as take m.2 from old PC and install in new PC.

Solution
If you move the drive to a new platform, you're going to have to reinstall the OS and pretty much everything there was on said drive(since it'll be formatted.

I'd highly suggest that you backup any and/or all critical content from your drive to a removable storage device.

Lutfij

Titan
If you move the drive to a new platform, you're going to have to reinstall the OS and pretty much everything there was on said drive(since it'll be formatted.

I'd highly suggest that you backup any and/or all critical content from your drive to a removable storage device.

Solution
Feb 3, 2020

mhm ok now can I store my critical content on my HDD or will my HDD also be formatted. and will I have to format them before I move them or will it do it "automatically" when I boot up the new PC

USAFRet

Titan
mhm ok now can I store my critical content on my HDD or will my HDD also be formatted. and will I have to format them before I move them or will it do it "automatically" when I boot up the new PC
The HDD should not be connected until AFTER the OS is installed on the SSD in the new system.
Store what you like on it, connect later.