[SOLVED] Can I move my Storage Raid 1 to another system?

Jun 11, 2020
Hello.
I'm currently doing an upgrade of my pc with a new motherboard and cpu as my old one is having issues. I am doing a fresh install of windows on a new boot drive. What I would like to know is if it is possible to move my storage drives that are in raid 1 over to my new build? It is a raid 1 mirror that was made in Disk Management using two 4TB HDDs. I really hope I don't have to reformat them as it has over 2TB of files on it and I have place to temporarily move them. Am I able to unplug them and move them to the new motherboard? Any help would be great!

Solution
As this sounds more like a WIndows Storage Spaces-created RAID 1 , you are in much shape for chances of success...

With 2 TB of data, I'd back up everything to even a slow $65 external 5400 RPM 3 TB USB storage drive first, just in case...
As this sounds more like a WIndows Storage Spaces-created RAID 1 , you are in much shape for chances of success...

With 2 TB of data, I'd back up everything to even a slow $65 external 5400 RPM 3 TB USB storage drive first, just in case...

Solution