[SOLVED] Can I OC my 2600 to 4.3ghz?

Karl_9

Reputable
Mar 24, 2016
I've recently just changed the tubing on my Alphacool Eisbaer 360 AIO, On removing of the cooler I discovered I didn't have a good contact on the CPU as thermal paste was only covering just over half of the cold plate even though I had totally covered the CPU with paste before putting on the CPU block, I thought I had a bad CPU has I was only getting 4.1ghz and any further my PC would just shut down, but now I've sorted thing out I'm now getting 4.2ghz @ 1.3850v and temps after one hour stress testing 67c, Can this CPU go higher? And what's the limits on the voltages that I shouldn't pass?

Solution
I wouldn't put that voltage any higher. Go to 4.3GHz, and stress test it with Prime95. Leave everything else on default. If it's stable, bring the voltage down, re stress test. If successful, bring voltage down. I'd aim for somewhere between 1.25 and 1.35v, with 1.35 ONLY being used if you are at 4.5+ GHz
I wouldn't put that voltage any higher. Go to 4.3GHz, and stress test it with Prime95. Leave everything else on default. If it's stable, bring the voltage down, re stress test. If successful, bring voltage down. I'd aim for somewhere between 1.25 and 1.35v, with 1.35 ONLY being used if you are at 4.5+ GHz

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
I doubt 4.3 stable is possible. 1.4v is the max you should go for with Zen+ since more will degrade the chip over time. The Zen+ chips are much more sensitive to voltage than the original Zen chips which could go well over 1.45v on daily use without any damage to the chip.