Can I overclock a 1080p 27" monitor to 1440p?

HusseinH

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
My friend OC'd his ASUS monitor, but he has an Intel CPU. Says he doesn't know if I can do that on my AMD CPU.

Solution
hahah thats funny. what your asking is basically, can i overclock my 1080p hdtv to 4k. you cannot add more pixels to your monitor.

are you asking about the refresh rate? most monitors 60hz monitors can be overclocked to at least 65hz, many much higher. but to be honest its not worth it unless there is clear evidence that said monitor model number is known to continue to be stable at a higher refresh rate without burning up the internals.
hahah thats funny. what your asking is basically, can i overclock my 1080p hdtv to 4k. you cannot add more pixels to your monitor.

are you asking about the refresh rate? most monitors 60hz monitors can be overclocked to at least 65hz, many much higher. but to be honest its not worth it unless there is clear evidence that said monitor model number is known to continue to be stable at a higher refresh rate without burning up the internals.

Solution

nucolos

Honorable
Jul 5, 2013
You cant do that, but for gaming, nvidia and high end amd cards have an option to run games at a higher resolution than your monitors default, nvidia calls it Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR), dont renember how amd calls it.