[SOLVED] can i overclock i5-3570k on intel DH67CL MotherBoard

Apr 10, 2020
hi i have two option one is i5-3570k on intel DH67CL MotherBoard and other is i5-3570 on MSI H61M E23 B3 and i will pair them with rx 580 8gb so if i choose i5-3570k can i overclock it on that motherboard if no then which option will be better with rx 580gb with least amount of bottleneck. please tell me every detail about both options

Solution
It seems the Intel can't overclock and the msi can. Too bad the processors are swapped or the k in the msi would be the way to go.

Personally, if I had to make the choice, I would go with the msi if you want to attempt to overclock or enhance the performance as much as you can, and I'd go with the intel setup if you wanted reliability. Keep in mind that both of these can be upgraded to the 3770k once that becomes cheaper for you.
It would be hard to recommend purchasing a newer but still equally outdated mainboard just to support an 8 yr old CPU (and of only 4c/4t design) you happen to have in possession...; even if overclocked well, it'd be outperformed by an R5-1600AF

I'd cut your losses by not throwing more money at the existing solution, and consider strongly the process of starting looking for a new CPU/RAM/mainboard combo. CPU should be at least an R5-1600/1600AF/2600, if the 3600 is priced too high.

Apr 10, 2020
It would be hard to recommend purchasing a newer but still equally outdated mainboard just to support an 8 yr old CPU (and of only 4c/4t design) you happen to have in possession...; even if overclocked well, it'd be outperformed by an R5-1600AF

I'd cut your losses by not throwing more money at the existing solution, and consider strongly the process of starting looking for a new CPU/RAM/mainboard combo. CPU should be at least an R5-1600/1600AF/2600, if the 3600 is priced too high.
yes i agree with you but you see ryzen cpus are more expensive in my country than intel ones and they are priced almost doubled because no one knows that much about them. and these two options are best i can do i considered ryzen 5 2600 but its 2.5 time of i5-3570k
so coming back to my question can i overclock i5-3570k with intel DH67CL MotherBoard and is rx 580 8gb good for it if that motherboard is not good then is the other option of i5-3570 on MSI H61M E23 B3 good with rx 580 please help

Apr 10, 2020
yes i agree with you but you see ryzen cpus are more expensive in my country than intel ones and they are priced almost doubled because no one knows that much about them. and these two options are best i can do i considered ryzen 5 2600 but its 2.5 time of i5-3570k
so coming back to my question can i overclock i5-3570k with intel DH67CL MotherBoard and is rx 580 8gb good for it if that motherboard is not good then is the other option of i5-3570 on MSI H61M E23 B3 good with rx 580 please help

It seems the Intel can't overclock and the msi can. Too bad the processors are swapped or the k in the msi would be the way to go.

Personally, if I had to make the choice, I would go with the msi if you want to attempt to overclock or enhance the performance as much as you can, and I'd go with the intel setup if you wanted reliability. Keep in mind that both of these can be upgraded to the 3770k once that becomes cheaper for you.

Solution