Question Can I overclock it?

ChangeFather

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019
You'll have to go into the BIOS and see if you can set the clock speed of the cores.
Try using this guide if applicable, can't really tell you for sure if that board is capable of overclocking without seeing the BIOS for myself.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-overclocking-efficiency,2850-4.html
Can I see that even with my i5 2400? I don't have the i7-2600k, I will buy it in like 2 months so I want to know if I should get the K version or not.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The dq67ow is on Intel's Q67 chipset, so you won't be able to tinker with the cpu's core frequency, but you may have access to the base clock...
But tinkering with base clock OC is very iffy, as it affects more than just the core clock - the memory and ring bus frequency as well = things can become unstable very quickly.

ChangeFather

Prominent
Dec 16, 2019
The dq67ow is on Intel's Q67 chipset, so you won't be able to tinker with the cpu's core frequency, but you may have access to the base clock...
But tinkering with base clock OC is very iffy, as it affects more than just the core clock - the memory and ring bus frequency as well = things can become unstable very quickly.
Ok, so I better be getting the non K version. Thanks!