[SOLVED] Can I overclock my Dual Processor Xeon X5472s from a Dell T7400?

Jul 11, 2020
Hello, I am very curious if I could Overclock my Dual Xeon X5472s to anywhere around 3.6 GHz. It was from a Dell Precision T7400 that someone had given me, All I had done was put a STRIX 1050 Ti and an MSI 1030 in the computer. I believe that the Power Supply is 980 or 1000 watts.

Thank you in advance

P.S the X5472 base clock is 3GHz.

Solution
Okay so I‘ve been able to do a little bit of overclocking by using SetFSB but whenever I get over 3.2GHz I get bluescreened, I believe that what I need now is some way to up my CPU Voltage. Dell Precision’s BIOS‘ are information only so I’d need a way to unlock the BIOS. Anything helps. Ty in advance.
Check out throttle stop and the related discussion thread on the techpowerup forum:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/throttlestop-overclocking-desktop-pcs.235975

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I am very curious if I could Overclock my Dual Xeon X5472s to anywhere around 3.6 GHz. It was from a Dell Precision T7400 that someone had given me, All I had done was put a STRIX 1050 Ti and an MSI 1030 in the computer. I believe that the Power Supply is 980 or 1000 watts.

Thank you in advance

There are lots of forums with overclocking t7400. I suggest you google the topic.

Jul 11, 2020

Thank you in advance

Okay so I‘ve been able to do a little bit of overclocking by using SetFSB but whenever I get over 3.2GHz I get bluescreened, I believe that what I need now is some way to up my CPU Voltage. Dell Precision’s BIOS‘ are information only so I’d need a way to unlock the BIOS. Anything helps. Ty in advance.

Jul 11, 2020
"t7400 overclocking" is all it takes. Since I don't have one of those boxes, I can't comment on the legitimacy of any of it. I will say that dual socket Xeons don't like overclocking.

yea I did some searching before and after but before I didn’t really look that hard. Thank you anyways

Check out throttle stop and the related discussion thread on the techpowerup forum:
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/throttlestop-overclocking-desktop-pcs.235975

Solution