Can i overclock my fx 4300

OzgurOverclock

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
Hi ! My fx 4300 is about 9 degree in idle but there is a problem , my processor is not very good for gaming , so i ask to u because i stress tested in prime95 my processor is about 37 ° in load so can i overclock it ? its on 3,8 ghz , how many ghz can i add on ? thanks !

Solution
Those temperatures are very low, especially considering that it is in prime 95 and it is maxing out the CPU, but it depends on how much wattage of a PSU you have and how stable your motherboard is, if it even supports overclocking for that matter. If you do not already know how to overclock you will need to go into your bios and each motherboard will be different.

Do you know what motherboard you have and what PSU you have because I can look up if you motherboard is compatible with overclocking and if you will have enough wattage to be able to do so.

Hope this helps and if you ever need me then don't feel shy to let me help, I won't bite! (much)

Thanks,
Simon

MITSOSG13

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

If you reach 4.4-4.7 you will be golden but depends on your mobo and PSU

TheDestinyHunter

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
Those temperatures are very low, especially considering that it is in prime 95 and it is maxing out the CPU, but it depends on how much wattage of a PSU you have and how stable your motherboard is, if it even supports overclocking for that matter. If you do not already know how to overclock you will need to go into your bios and each motherboard will be different.

Do you know what motherboard you have and what PSU you have because I can look up if you motherboard is compatible with overclocking and if you will have enough wattage to be able to do so.

Hope this helps and if you ever need me then don't feel shy to let me help, I won't bite! (much)

Thanks,
Simon

Solution