[SOLVED] Can i overlock on this mobo

Hi,i have a lenovo ih61m motherboard,and im planning on replacing my i3-3240 with i7-3770.I already have a gigabyte r9 380 4gb which i know its a bit of a bottleneck for my cpu,so im wondering if i can possibly overclock it on my mobo.Also is overclocking only possible in bios or i can maybe do it msi afterburner or some program like that?
also im running 16gb (2x8gb) drr3 1333mhz,windows 10 pro 64-bit,and a 1tb hdd

You can still use MSI afterburner, that's a separate thing. You just can't change the cpu clocks.
Oh the cpu is my least worry.i have 16gigs of ram which is the sweet spot for both gaming and for i7-3770.I just want my gpu to be more powerful for the cpu,and to expand its usage so i dont have to buy like a 390x or something newer,since now i want to focus on buying the cpu and a setup upgrade.Thanks for the replies,also if i remember correctly,when i overclock my gpu is shoundt go to the max and i must not touch the voltage.Please tell me if im wrong cuz i dont want to mess something up

Oh the cpu is my least worry.i have 16gigs of ram which is the sweet spot for both gaming and for i7-3770.I just want my gpu to be more powerful for the cpu,and to expand its usage so i dont have to buy like a 390x or something newer,since now i want to focus on buying the cpu and a setup upgrade.Thanks for the replies,also if i remember correctly,when i overclock my gpu i shouldnt go to the max core clock and i must not touch the voltage.Please tell me if im wrong cuz i dont want to mess something up

you need k model cpu anyway, get i7-2600k - i7-2700k - i7-3770k, run your ram in dual channel ( 2x8gb or 4x4gb)

edit : just read that your motherboard dont even support overclocking, get non k model instead
Best non "k" model would be i7-3770

you need k model cpu anyway, get i7-2600k - i7-2700k - i7-3770k, run your ram in dual channel ( 2x8gb or 4x4gb)

edit : just read that your motherboard dont even support overclocking, get non k model instead
Best non "k" model would be i7-3770
yeah i know i booked a i7-3770 last week from a guy in online shop+a cooler.I run ram i dual channel since i have 2 dimm slots.Thanks for the reply :)

Just wanted to thank you guys for your help and tell you i've successfully over clocked my r9 380.
Here are the results:
-Core clock: from 990mhz to 1100mhz
-Memory clock: from 1425mhz to 1500mhz
The oc is stable although i think i can move the core clock a bit further since the only reason i stopped at 1100mhz is that i felt like it was enough,not because it was crashing.The gpu never gets above 70C and i limit my fps to match my refresh rate (75fps)

TRENDING THREADS