[SOLVED] Can i paint Pink Headsets...?

Feb 16, 2021
So a little of context, there is this local store selling the Cougar Phontum S (Black Version) for 60$ but they're also selling the Pink Version for a really cheap 27$, they both have the exact same features except for the color, i'm thinking of grabbing the Pink Version cuz i'm on a really tight budget and i thought that maybe i could at least paint them with adhesion promoter and spray paint, but some pink parts would still remain, is that worth it? My homies will probably laugh the hell out of me but i'd be saving around 40 bucks, i really appreciate any advice.

Edit: This is how they would look after i paint them:
View: https://imgur.com/a/xUs5xJs

Last edited:
hahahahahaha xD
Idk, its your money you decide.
Techwise i cant tell you anything since they are the same as you said, so it all rounds up to your decision.
For painting them, i would cover everything that is not the plastic, you do not want paint to get into the one of the earbuds in the headset.

Feb 16, 2021
hahahahahaha xD
Idk, its your money you decide.
Techwise i cant tell you anything since they are the same as you said, so it all rounds up to your decision.
For painting them, i would cover everything that is not the plastic, you do not want paint to get into the one of the earbuds in the headset.

Haha yeah true, maybe the real question is can i paint them? They are semi-open headsets, i'll just cover the holes leading to the internal parts with some tape, can't paint the earpads, mic pop filter and cables tho.

Reactions: Dj0gany

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not so sure about that...

phontumsfeat.jpg

Some of that is soft material/foam. Personally, if I were on that strict of a budget, I'd look elsewhere. Go with something cheap until you can afford the black version.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Dj0gany
Feb 16, 2021
Not so sure about that...

phontumsfeat.jpg

Some of that is soft material/foam. Personally, if I were on that strict of a budget, I'd look elsewhere. Go with something cheap until you can afford the black version.

-Wolf sends
You mean that the paint won't stick to the headset? Or that it can damage it?

View: https://imgur.com/a/xUs5xJs

^this is how i'd paint them (obviously more polished and the grey parts are just to make them stand out so they don't blend with the black color), i'd be extra careful especially with those open back openings, i'd cover them with some cotton then tape it tight to avoid any paint from seeping in. Yeah some of the pink would still be there but at least it would be like 50% pink 50% black.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So a little of context, there is this local store selling the Cougar Phontum S (Black Version) for 60$ but they're also selling the Pink Version for a really cheap 27$, they both have the exact same features except for the color, i'm thinking of grabbing the Pink Version cuz i'm on a really tight budget and i thought that maybe i could at least paint them with adhesion promoter and spray paint, but some pink parts would still remain, is that worth it? My homies will probably laugh the hell out of me but i'd be saving around 40 bucks, i really appreciate any advice.
Suck it up and embrace your friends that are not secure with their manhood.

Feb 16, 2021
That's still a lot of pink.

Your friends will still laugh.

I'd leave it as original, and embrace the suck.

Suck it up and embrace your friends that are not secure with their manhood.
Idk, at this point the only thing i care about is my wallet, might as well just embrace it lol

Cougar Phontum Essential should cost less than Cougar Phontum S.
Those would be completely black.
Yup the store has them for 39 bucks but i don't know if they'll perform as well as the Cougar Phontum S, the Essential has 40mm drivers, does that lower the sound quality?