[SOLVED] can i pair 3600MHZ ram with ryzen 9 5900x on asus tuf gaming x570?

Feb 4, 2021
sorry for the naive question but this is my first ever build. i am trying to understand how ram frequency works and its effects on ram compatibility. when i checked on amd site they have mentioned that the CPU supports upto 3200 mhz and anything above was termed as overclock. now i did search on qvl of asus tuf x570 gaming and the product that i am interested in buying
TDZAD432G3600HC18JDC01
is mentioned in the list. but i am unsure if my cpu will support this ram out of the box. ive tried ram corsair vengeance lpx CMK16GX4M1E3200C16 and it did not post and showed me dram yellow q-led error. so i am confused with the perticular ram model now. if there is anyone who can help me in this regard please kindly do. THANK YOU

Solution
What BIOS version is installed on the motherboard? You need version 2607 or higher to run that cpu. I’m not sure from your description that the problem is with the RAM. Unless faulty it’s highly unlikely any single DDR4 stick won’t get you into the BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Initially, no, you need to make sure you're able to POST, once that happens, go into BIOS, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update and then enable X.M.P. If X.M.P doesn't work for you, manually input the timings, frequency and voltage as seen on the sticker of the ram, into the BIOS. Save and exit and you should be on the advertised ram frequency/specs.

Out of curiosity, which slots did you populate the Corsair rams in?

Feb 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Initially, no, you need to make sure you're able to POST, once that happens, go into BIOS, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update and then enable X.M.P. If X.M.P doesn't work for you, manually input the timings, frequency and voltage as seen on the sticker of the ram, into the BIOS. Save and exit and you should be on the advertised ram frequency/specs.

Out of curiosity, which slots did you populate the Corsair rams in?
i tried to populate it on A2,B2 initially , but as i was not able to POST it i tried to change the slots and i used all the permutations and combinations with single stick as well as using both sticks in A1,B1 but still it did not POST anything so i returned those two sticks. nevertheless, ideally does having a 3600mhz ram will create a problem in boot up given the ram is in qvl of asus with the same frequency ?

i tried to populate it on A2,B2 initially , but as i was not able to POST it i tried to change the slots and i used all the permutations and combinations with single stick as well as using both sticks in A1,B1 but still it did not POST anything so i returned those two sticks. nevertheless, ideally does having a 3600mhz ram will create a problem in boot up given the ram is in qvl of asus with the same frequency ?
QVL almost guarantees compatibility but because of BIOS version changes that can change too. Still, you have a case if RAM from QVL doesn't work as it should.

What BIOS version is installed on the motherboard? You need version 2607 or higher to run that cpu. I’m not sure from your description that the problem is with the RAM. Unless faulty it’s highly unlikely any single DDR4 stick won’t get you into the BIOS.

Solution
Feb 4, 2021
yes you are right. i just checked bios version printed on motherboard and it is 2407 so i think it is more likely bios problem then, i am in contact with Asus service center let us see what happens now

TRENDING THREADS