Can i pair a HD7790 with a intel pentium G3220(haswell)

Solution
I'm not sure I am entirely clear what you're asking. Do you want to pair only the G3220 CPU with the 7790 GPU, or are you hoping to use the integrated video of the CPU with the GPU in games, or just use both graphics devices for a multi-monitor configuration in desktop usage?

The processor and GPU you have selected will pair perfectly fine. You will not be able to combine the CPU's built-in graphics with the HD 7790 for use in games, but you should have no problems using both to drive screens for a multi-monitor setup for use with Windows Desktop.

As for bottlenecking Battlefield 4 with that CPU, the game itself is CPU bound, but only when you have a fast enough graphics card. I suspect your bottleneck with your combination will be...
Yes you can do that no harm. But you must have two PCI-E slots on MB. It will be better if one slot runs at x16 speed, other could run at x8 speed, wont be a problem. No fear of bottleneck.

And you need a decent PSU of atleast 750W to CrossFire.

Single 7790 requires : Radeon HD 7790 - 21 Ampere and a 500W PSU minimum.

I'm not sure I am entirely clear what you're asking. Do you want to pair only the G3220 CPU with the 7790 GPU, or are you hoping to use the integrated video of the CPU with the GPU in games, or just use both graphics devices for a multi-monitor configuration in desktop usage?

The processor and GPU you have selected will pair perfectly fine. You will not be able to combine the CPU's built-in graphics with the HD 7790 for use in games, but you should have no problems using both to drive screens for a multi-monitor setup for use with Windows Desktop.

As for bottlenecking Battlefield 4 with that CPU, the game itself is CPU bound, but only when you have a fast enough graphics card. I suspect your bottleneck with your combination will be the graphics card you have chosen. If you look at the graph that was linked to, the difference in performance in processors between what you've picked and what's possible, is practically indistinguishable, and that is when removing most of the GPU's bottleneck.

Solution

fruiten2

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

no i mean just the pentium g3220 with one hd7790 and i just want to use that discrete gpu for gaming and other stuff :D but is it really true the Pentium g3220 can handle a hd7790 in bf4?

TRENDING THREADS