[SOLVED] Can I pair my old Asus GTX 760 2GB OC with an i5-12600k ?

Feb 3, 2023
This is my current build:
Fx8350
16GB DDR3 RAM
250gb SSD
1 tb WD

I'm planning to upgrade it to i5-12600k with MSI PRO Z690-A
And I want to know if the Old GTX 760 will be compatible with this ?
After effects
( 9 out of 10 Times, I'm using after effects. 1 Time game)

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The GPU should drop into the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard though out of curiosity, are you going to transplant the PSU from your older build as well? If so, what is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

Lutfij

Titan

The GPU should drop into the PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard though out of curiosity, are you going to transplant the PSU from your older build as well? If so, what is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

Reactions: Lit_Wid
Solution
Should work fine, just be aware it's only DX12 feature level 11_0 (originally nVidia advertised Kepler as DX11.1 but turns out it's NOT compliant) and driver support ended back in 2021. Its Displayport output even supports 4k60 and G-Sync.

The 12600k's IGP is no slouch, being about as fast as GT1030 and same DX12_1 but with AV1 decoding for Youtube, so if your use case isn't too demanding, try it and you may be pleasantly surprised. However the 10-year-old GTX 760 is still more than twice as fast as those.

Feb 3, 2023

Thanx for the GPU part
and yes I plan to use my existing PSU, its a 600W HERE LINK and purchase was made in ending 2018

Feb 3, 2023
Should work fine, just be aware it's only DX12 feature level 11_0 (originally nVidia advertised Kepler as DX11.1 but turns out it's NOT compliant) and driver support ended back in 2021. Its Displayport output even supports 4k60 and G-Sync.

The 12600k's IGP is no slouch, being about as fast as GT1030 and same DX12_1 but with AV1 decoding for Youtube, so if your use case isn't too demanding, try it and you may be pleasantly surprised. However the 10-year-old GTX 760 is still more than twice as fast as those.

I'll be running after effects for hours say 9-10 hour per day.
I wish to use 760 till i can get some money for GPU upgrade

So I think my case is a bit demanding in graphic part.(not sure)