[SOLVED] Can I pair my old HyperX Fury RAM to the new version of HyperX Fury?

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
Hello, I currently have x1 8gb Ram, 2666mhz, Kingston HyperX Fury and DDR4 and I wanted to buy another one and I found out that there's a new version of the 8gb Ram, 2666mhz Kingston HyperX Fury. Is it ok if I pair them up? Thanks and kind regards.

Solution
Hello, I currently have x1 8gb Ram, 2666mhz, Kingston HyperX Fury and DDR4 and I wanted to buy another one and I found out that there's a new version of the 8gb Ram, 2666mhz Kingston HyperX Fury. Is it ok if I pair them up? Thanks and kind regards.
You have 50/50 chance.
It is recommended to install two RAM modules from a RAM kit
It is hard to predict the outcome when you mix and match modules that were not tested to work together.
Even if are buying two of the "exact same" modules, there is no guarantee that they will work together. The DRAM that goes into a kit (package) has been tested to work together. Manufacturers don’t guarantee mixing or adding one RAM module to another, even when they are the "exact same" model and...
You have 50/50 chance.
It is recommended to install two RAM modules from a RAM kit
It is hard to predict the outcome when you mix and match modules that were not tested to work together.
Even if are buying two of the "exact same" modules, there is no guarantee that they will work together. The DRAM that goes into a kit (package) has been tested to work together. Manufacturers don’t guarantee mixing or adding one RAM module to another, even when they are the "exact same" model and vendors won't provide support for that configuration.

Reactions: Maverick1234
Solution
it's never a good idea to mix\match RAM models.
it can work out okay, but matched sticks are carefully tested to be fully compatible and you never know what types of issues may arise when pairing sticks that weren't packaged together.

a better option would be to just get a nicer set of 16GB and sell or use the older set in another system or even just keep them as backup.

Reactions: Maverick1234

Maverick1234

Prominent
Feb 20, 2021
Actually, I found this ram in a kit (x2 8gb Ram 3200Mhz). I might reconsider buying it instead even tho its a bit pricey than the one I wanted to buy. Thanks for the answers.