[SOLVED] Can I pair RTX 3070 with Ryzen 7 2700?

Solution
There's always a bottleneck somewhere, it can't be avoided.
That said, the 3070 is on par with a 2080Ti, and that was overkill for 1080p - or I should say, depending on the exact game being played, the probability of either the cpu hampering performance goes up.
Sometimes, the game engine is the limitation - software is probably the biggest limitation to cutting-edge tech.

Certainly, a 3070 can only improve performance over what you currently have, until it doesn't; it'll either go up, or it doesn't. It won't be a decrease, unless you screw up with driver installs.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There's always a bottleneck somewhere, it can't be avoided.
That said, the 3070 is on par with a 2080Ti, and that was overkill for 1080p - or I should say, depending on the exact game being played, the probability of either the cpu hampering performance goes up.
Sometimes, the game engine is the limitation - software is probably the biggest limitation to cutting-edge tech.

Certainly, a 3070 can only improve performance over what you currently have, until it doesn't; it'll either go up, or it doesn't. It won't be a decrease, unless you screw up with driver installs.

Solution