Can I partially mod a Sapphire R9 390 so it's not as long? Need to trim off 4+ mm

HDD-Mod

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015
The GPU is 307.34 MM in length, 12.1 inches, and my NZXT Phantom 410 can hold it fine if I remove the drive cages up top. I don't want to do this, since they are in use.

Is there any way I can file this down or mod the cooler so it's SLIGHTLY smaller?

The case can hold up to 12 inches (305mm) with cages in, 16.5 (420 mm) without

Solution
Don't try cutting the circuit board, you could wreck the card, besides, most of them are glassfibre based, cutting that stuff is both difficult and hazardous.
Is it the PCB or cooler that's in the way here? Plenty of cards have coolers that overhang the PCB and, depending on card (hint, hint) they can be changed.
The obvious other question is; Why 6 HDDS? if they're older small capacity parts you might find it better all round to swap them out for a pair of bigger units and run them in a mirrored array or to use a large external drive as backup/storage to reduce the number of drives in use.
Don't try cutting the circuit board, you could wreck the card, besides, most of them are glassfibre based, cutting that stuff is both difficult and hazardous.
Is it the PCB or cooler that's in the way here? Plenty of cards have coolers that overhang the PCB and, depending on card (hint, hint) they can be changed.
The obvious other question is; Why 6 HDDS? if they're older small capacity parts you might find it better all round to swap them out for a pair of bigger units and run them in a mirrored array or to use a large external drive as backup/storage to reduce the number of drives in use.

Solution