[SOLVED] Can I place a GTX 1050 ti LP into my HP 8300 Elite SFF?

Solution
Your case limits you in what you can put into it, I think that model has a custom power supply shape and may have non-standard power connectors on the motherobard.

The sort of good news is that even a cheap old lower power video card is better than your onboard video if you just want better performance, say a used GT 730 GDDR5 card that would be about $30. Or you can save your money till you can replace the system with a model large enough for a decent power supply and card.
Do you have any recommendations for another gpu, I was hoping to upgrade from the included intel graphics with a decent gpu.

If your original plan was to upgrade to an 1050Ti the other options for a low quality 240W unit are VERY limited and the performance with them will be alot worse than you would have with an 1050ti since most of the older cards actually require more wattage than new cards.

The best way for you to upgrade is to buy a completely new pc because you most likely cant use a regular store bought psu with an oem motherboard.

If you want however you can salvage atleast your hdd and cpu from the dell pc.
I would also recommend buying a new case since dell prebuilts have different motherboard screw positions when compared to an self built pc.

If you happen to have like 400-500 usd at hand you can look at the used market to buy a decent pc.

TLDR; Save up some cash and buy a whole new pc.

Jun 11, 2020
If your original plan was to upgrade to an 1050Ti the other options for a low quality 240W unit are VERY limited and the performance with them will be alot worse than you would have with an 1050ti since most of the older cards actually require more wattage than new cards.

The best way for you to upgrade is to buy a completely new pc because you most likely cant use a regular store bought psu with an oem motherboard.

If you want however you can salvage atleast your hdd and cpu from the dell pc.
I would also recommend buying a new case since dell prebuilts have different motherboard screw positions when compared to an self built pc.

If you happen to have like 400-500 usd at hand you can look at the used market to buy a decent pc.

TLDR; Save up some cash and buy a whole new pc.
I wont be running heavy games like fortnite, CS, or CoD.. I just plan on playing Valorant, League, and Minecraft on medium settings or 1080 low. Do you think my gpu will still over heat and cause a bottle neck still?

I wont be running heavy games like fortnite, CS, or CoD.. I just plan on playing Valorant, League, and Minecraft on medium settings or 1080 low. Do you think my gpu will still over heat and cause a bottle neck still?
Im saying that if you buy a 1050Ti it wont run since your power supply wont be giving it enough power to run and in result it might fry your whole system.

So even if you bought a 1050Ti you wouldnt be able to use it since your pc wouldnt boot up simply because your psu is too weak for your card and any external gpus for that matter.

And when it comes to a i5 3470 and an 1050ti, no there wouldnt be a bottleneck there.

Jun 11, 2020

Never heard of that manufacturer and i personally wouldnt buy a gpu from AliExpress.

Even if you were to buy that you wont be running valorant or fortnite with that card.
For refrence, the 1050Ti is over 2 times better than an RX550. You'd be looking at around 30-40fps with a gpu such as that one.

Your case limits you in what you can put into it, I think that model has a custom power supply shape and may have non-standard power connectors on the motherobard.

The sort of good news is that even a cheap old lower power video card is better than your onboard video if you just want better performance, say a used GT 730 GDDR5 card that would be about $30. Or you can save your money till you can replace the system with a model large enough for a decent power supply and card.

Solution
Jun 11, 2020
Never heard of that manufacturer and i personally wouldnt buy a gpu from AliExpress.

Even if you were to buy that you wont be running valorant or fortnite with that card.
For refrence, the 1050Ti is over 2 times better than an RX550. You'd be looking at around 30-40fps with a gpu such as that one.
[/QUOTY

I hear you, I honestly may just hope for a miracle that
hey

ive seen many videos on youtube placing a 1050 ti low profile into hp 8300 elite sff with no issues

TRENDING THREADS