[SOLVED] Can i Play BF5 1080p High with HD 7970?

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
Hi, i had HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP GPU and i want to play BF5 at 1080p. Can it run 1080p High Settings with 30FPS?

Thanks.

Solution
CPU enough for GPU. I've played BF4 and GTA V GPU usage was %98-99.
That is the definition of bottlneck mate. Your CPU run on full utilisation and your GPU was sitting, waiting for the necessary instructions to finish from the CPU. Your CPU is weak.

ok but your cpu will be pushed alot harder in battlefield v than in battlefield 4. even if the Graphics card can keep up i doubt you will be able to play this at 1080 p . i could be wrong so try it out.
You are correct that Battlefield V is more demanding but lower resolutions are CPU dependent. Actually, the higher the resolution he goes for, the better for the CPU.

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
what cpu do you got? the card is not bad for a older card and can possibly run it at high settings with a decent cpu.
Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon X5492 4.00 GHz OC. @1.39V
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP45T Extreme P45 Chipset
RAM: G.Skill Ripjawsz 16GB (4GBX4) DDR3 1866MHz RAM
GPU:ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP GPU
SSD: Samsung EVO 860 500 GB(OS)
HDD: Samsung HD155UI 1.5 TB 5400 RPM
PSU: Corsair TX650M 650W 80+ Gold
Case: Thermaltake View 28
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
cpu is not the best, your Graphics card will not be able to run at full performance with that cpu. if your gonna play battlefield v its probably gonna have to be at 720 p. i could be wrong but xeon x5492 is not that strong with weak single core performance.

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019
cpu is not the best, your Graphics card will not be able to run at full performance with that cpu. if your gonna play battlefield v its probably gonna have to be at 720 p. i could be wrong but xeon x5492 is not that strong with weak single core performance.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
ok but your cpu will be pushed alot harder in battlefield v than in battlefield 4. even if the Graphics card can keep up i doubt you will be able to play this at 1080 p . i could be wrong so try it out.

That is the definition of bottlneck mate. Your CPU run on full utilisation and your GPU was sitting, waiting for the necessary instructions to finish from the CPU. Your CPU is weak.

You are correct that Battlefield V is more demanding but lower resolutions are CPU dependent. Actually, the higher the resolution he goes for, the better for the CPU.

Solution

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
your right about that but still i Think he will have problem with this cpu. i tried battlefield v with xeon x5460 that is similar to this and it had a hard time keeping up even on 720 p. this is overclocked so it might perform better.
the lowest i would recommend for battlefield v is something like second or third gen i5 or xeon. the core 2 quads and 771 to 775 cant keep up any longer.

yullbarez

Commendable
Jan 17, 2019

I

I'll try 1080P with high settings for decreasing CPU usage. In GTA V CPU usage was around %60-65 and GPU was %98 usage and i assume that there's no bottleneck. But i've heard Battlefield 5 is a CPU killer game when it comes to multiplayer mode. I've doubt that i can play it without bottleneck.