Can I play games at 1440p? If so what monitor would you suggest?

ajsski99

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015
Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my Samsung 22" monitor to a bigger 1440p monitor, if possible with my current specs

I currently have:
i5 3470
Asus P8H77-v
16GB DDR3 RAM
Zotac GTX 970 Omega Edition
Corsair CX500 PSU

I've also got my eyes on an i7 3770 to upgrade my from my i5 3470, I'm smart enough to know that should make a difference!

So, with the upgraded CPU, what 1440p monitor would you recommend? My budget is around £150 because the CPU is costing £100.

if I cant play at 1440p, what would be the best high end 1080p monitor I could afford? Maybe even an Ultra-wide? :)

All answers are much appreciated, Ajsski99

Solution
"I've also got my eyes on an i7 3770 to upgrade my from my i5 3470, I'm smart enough to know that should make a difference!"
Agreed

I also use a GTX 970 but what resolution you can run depends on the games you play. For Example: I used the same video card and I play most of my games at 4K... BUT the games I play are older OR have low system requirements. I'd guess you'd do fine running 1440 resolution in MOST games. For some games you can just lower the detail a little bit or just adjust the in-game resolution to be 1080 on your 1440 monitor. (I can run both of those resolutions on my 4K TV because any monitor/TV can run resolutions lower than it's native.)

I have no gaming monitor recommendations.
"I've also got my eyes on an i7 3770 to upgrade my from my i5 3470, I'm smart enough to know that should make a difference!"
Agreed

I also use a GTX 970 but what resolution you can run depends on the games you play. For Example: I used the same video card and I play most of my games at 4K... BUT the games I play are older OR have low system requirements. I'd guess you'd do fine running 1440 resolution in MOST games. For some games you can just lower the detail a little bit or just adjust the in-game resolution to be 1080 on your 1440 monitor. (I can run both of those resolutions on my 4K TV because any monitor/TV can run resolutions lower than it's native.)

I have no gaming monitor recommendations.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS