Can I play games (GTA V) on 3 monitors if 2 of the monitors are VGA?

John Paul Hibbert

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
So I have a nice 1080p hdmi monitor that i am using to play gta v. I want to play it, as well as other games on 3 monitors but the other 2 monitors I have are 720p VGA only. I've heard that you can't do games on 3 monitors unless all the monitors have digital signals. Of course the VGA monitors are not digital so this worries me. I know I would have to have them all on the same resolution (720p) and I don't mind these. Just not sure if GTA will even recognize them.

Solution
You should be able to play across all 3 monitors even though 2 of them are using a VGA cable. I was able to do it with one HDMI cable, a DVI cable and VGA so you should be fine.

StormyIV

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
You should be able to play across all 3 monitors even though 2 of them are using a VGA cable. I was able to do it with one HDMI cable, a DVI cable and VGA so you should be fine.

Solution

John Paul Hibbert

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
Thank you, my only problem is that I've already got one of the VGA's using my dvi-i adapter and I can't find a VGA - DVI-D adapter...I don't think they exist. I've found a vga - displayport adapter but it's like $30 and I wasn't really planning on spending that much on one.