[SOLVED] Can i play games without integrated graphics on my CPU while still having a GPU

jstoffy

Prominent
Apr 24, 2020
I just bought an i7 9700Kf and I want to install it into my system. i do have a separate GPU in my computer and i want to make sure i will still be able to play games that are very CPU heavy. I have heard that Modern warfare uses your integrated graphics more than your GPU's graphics. i want to make sure that even if i install it it will work.

Solution
No, that's not how it works.
If you have a dedicated gpu, your integrated gpu will be disabled.
Games that are cpu heavy are, well, CPU heavy, not cpu integrated graphics heavy.
It will work.

I.E
the integrated gpu is rarely used, so getting an F version is a good way to save a buck
(They can accelerate some workstation tasks though)
No, that's not how it works.
If you have a dedicated gpu, your integrated gpu will be disabled.
Games that are cpu heavy are, well, CPU heavy, not cpu integrated graphics heavy.
It will work.

I.E
the integrated gpu is rarely used, so getting an F version is a good way to save a buck
(They can accelerate some workstation tasks though)

Solution

jstoffy

Prominent
Apr 24, 2020
I would note that the Intel Core i7 9700KF does not have integrated graphics, so it's a moot point.

-Wolf sends
I understand that it doesn't have integrated graphics i just wanted to make sure that i will still be good if i am using a separate GPU. I have noticed before that my CPU that i currently own is at 100% while playing modern warfare and my GPU is at 1-3% will that eventually change over the game to actually use my GPU instead of the integrated graphics if there aren't any built in with the CPU?

jstoffy

Prominent
Apr 24, 2020
I am about to upgrade my PC.
my pc right now is a
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
CPU: Intel Pentium G4620
Motherboard : MSI B250M PRO-VD
PSU: EVGA 500 W1
RAM: G.SKILL NT Series 8GB 2400

New PC
GPU: GTX 1050 ti
CPU: Intel i7 9700KF
Motherboard : GIGABYTE B365 HD3
PSU: EVGA 500 W1
RAM: G.SKILL NT Series 8GB 2400

I know the i7 9700kf with the 1050 ti inst great but i am getting a new GPU soon

Apr 25, 2020
Just came across this thread, and I have a question.
9700KF is as good as it gets for gaming, particularly if you are using a Z370 or Z390 based motherboard.
With your currently selected B365 motherboard, you will not let it reach max performance.
Why exactly does the B365 limit the CPU's performance? And how is the Z370 or Z390 better for it?

Just came across this thread, and I have a question.

Why exactly does the B365 limit the CPU's performance? And how is the Z370 or Z390 better for it?
9700KF has a stock clock of 3.6 on all cores with a turbo of 4.9 on a single core when conditions permit.
That is very good.
But, with a Z370 or Z390 based motherboard you can overclock a 9700KF as a rule to near 5.0 on all cores.