Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
Hey Im looking to Play Oblivion and I have a Athlon 2400+ 512ram R9700 Pro and Im wondering if I will be able to play it with good frame rates at all?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Okay I found a perfect answer for your question. Click the link below which should get to Gamespot.com and the Oblivion page.

Now there's an icon that says "Can you run it?" on the right side of the Title and click that. Activate the ActiveX Control and run the program to automatically install the software. This will scan your pc and shows the chart on wether you get the minimum recommendations and also tells you or recommends an ugrade for your system to be able to play the game you selected.

It's a pretty good tool.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/index.html?q=oblivion

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Before you buy the game, first try the demo. Okay I understand you don't have an internet so get someone who has or go to the library and download the demo game. Then install that demo and see if your system is capable of playing it at low settings. :)

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
I cant really do that but I am almost 100% sure I can run it I run Unreal 2004 on 1600x1200 with everything all the way up and it runs just fine the one thing that I am going to want to buy (which will be in a month) is some new ram Im buying a gig more. From what I hear the r9700 pro can run it and I can oc my 2400+ to a 2800+ if I need to. I do have the nforce 2 motherboard. I know I know I need to upgrade so bad but I think Im going to wait for the AMD sale that is going to happen this year. Anyway I will tell you all how it worked since my roommate when out and got it to day while Im at work. I find it funny though that if you turn 2004 all the way up with 1600x1200 it screems "Holy SH*T" really loud :p

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
oh and I know that I will only be able to play it on like 800x600 with low everything but hell it still looks great and its the game play that Im after more then the graphics and hell in like 6 months Im getting the X2 with a 7800 GT behind it PCI Express I cant wait 2 gigs of ram

HotSauce

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005
Before you buy the game, first try the demo. Okay I understand you don't have an internet so get someone who has or go to the library and download the demo game. Then install that demo and see if your system is capable of playing it at low settings. :)

Where do you find the game demo? I've been trying to find it but I don't have much time on my hands to search.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
On second thought there buddy, I think there isn't a demo for it at least the one for pc version. I'm very sorry for saying to get the demo that turns out I can't find it. Do you have someone you know that might happen to own Oblivion? Anyways here's the requirements for the game. :)

Are you planning to upgrade your system? I would be a big help if you do so. With your current system the cpu is not enough to play the game with decent frame rates that is.

Oblivion IV: Elder Scrolls System Requirements

-Minimum System Requirements:
* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 8x DVD-ROM Drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* 128MB Direct3D Compatible Video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver
* DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
* Keyboard, Mouse

-Recommended System Requirements:
* 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

-Supported Video Card Chipsets:
ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series

VIDEO
-Regardless of your video card, make sure to download the latest drivers from your manufacturer.