Can I play on 3 different monitors with different Time Responses?

Daniel Rita

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
Hey Guys!

The title basically says it all, I have monitors with different time responses can I play on both at the same time without having issues?

I'm strugling to know if I need to buy 3 monitors or just 1.

Solution
You cant change the response time of the monitor by lowering the settings. You may not notice the difference in response time if it is the monitors on the side.

If you cant get the same model, then can you get the same type of panel? For example if your other monitors are TN panels, the I would get another TN panel. If they are IPS, then go with IPS. Your best hope is that they are TN as TN response time is generally 1ms across the board where IPS can differ.

Buy an ultra wide. They are so much better than 3 monitors. No hassle, no bezels, no messing with ini files. Just plug and play and you get the same experience.

If you are going with 3 monitors get the same model. If not you will have issues as the response times wont be aligned.

Daniel Rita

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017

The problem is that I already own 2 monitors so the UltraWide its not for me :/

Daniel Rita

Commendable
Jan 7, 2017
The UltraWide isn't for me...

Isn't a money issue, the problem is that I really need those 3 monitors, the question is do I need to sell my monitors and buy 3 new ones and spend a lot more money or just buy a better one and lower some settings while playing on the 3 at the same time?

You cant change the response time of the monitor by lowering the settings. You may not notice the difference in response time if it is the monitors on the side.

If you cant get the same model, then can you get the same type of panel? For example if your other monitors are TN panels, the I would get another TN panel. If they are IPS, then go with IPS. Your best hope is that they are TN as TN response time is generally 1ms across the board where IPS can differ.

Solution

No, your monitors don't have to be the same response time. Any issues with the timing not being aligned won't come from response time, as response time has nothing to do with delay/lag, just the amount of blur on the screen.

Realistically you aren't going to notice any difference in responsiveness to your controls between most monitors.

Ghosting will be there any way you look at it.

TRENDING THREADS