[SOLVED] Can I play red dead redemption 2 with this spec in medium settings?

Anand Asir

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2013
Thank you for your time. My specs are i5 3470 and GTX 1050Ti. What will be the framerate i can expect in Medium/High settings? I am using 1080p monitor.

Solution
Ask when the game is closer to release and there are benchmarks out. You will likely get unimpressive framerates at higher settings given that your GPU is a little behind the system requirements. But there's usually a good bit of leeway with system requirements and even the requirements themselves are frequently internally inconsistent. For example, in this case, the minimum of an i5 2500k or FX-6300 is a bit odd as the 2500k is almost always a significantly better performing in games.

In other words, wait a week or two until the PC versions are actually tested.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Ask when the game is closer to release and there are benchmarks out. You will likely get unimpressive framerates at higher settings given that your GPU is a little behind the system requirements. But there's usually a good bit of leeway with system requirements and even the requirements themselves are frequently internally inconsistent. For example, in this case, the minimum of an i5 2500k or FX-6300 is a bit odd as the 2500k is almost always a significantly better performing in games.

In other words, wait a week or two until the PC versions are actually tested.

Solution

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
I've seen a few unofficial requirements/recommendations that are all similar, and the recommended is like i7-4770k and a GTX 1060 6GB... that's to get like, around 60 FPS on what, medium-high settings?

And don't forget the gargantuan 150GB storage space