[SOLVED] Can I Please Have Your Assistance?

Jul 22, 2020
Hello All,

I do believe this is my first post, so it is very nice to meet you all. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and I send out good vibes to everyone who may not be having such a good day at all; also I hope everyone is coping with the Covid stress as well as I am. ANYWAY, enough with the pleasantries - I need some help please.

I have a budget of around 2700 dollars, the only two things that I desire are a good case (full tower preferably) and a 2080 ti (super if it isn't worth it?) The current build I have has kept me floating since 2014, as I have the 1080 founders ed. and stuff that was pretty good back then but I have since then lost my touch with these pieces of hardware and have no clue what is what anymore. I'm not necessarily looking for a budget build, but if, say the i9-9900k is about the same speed as something like the i7 whatever, and it'll work great with the 2080 ti, then that would be awesome so I could save a little money to spend on other things.

My overall objective is to have a full computer that looks well, runs well, and that I can do ANYTHING that I want on. I am just about to finish my thesis for my Master's degree and this is my gift from my wife, so I would appreciate it greatly if I could have all of your help with a build like this. I have tried my fair share of builds on pcpartpicker but I can't seem to full convince myself to buy it yet, so this is my next step. I've also considered going up to BestBuy and just getting one of the prebuilt computers they offer, what is it? iBuyPower or something? I can't see myself doing that either. Looking forward to chatting with you all, and thank you in advance for anyone who will help me :) Much love, and stay safe out there my friends.

Darktalent

Last edited:
Solution
as I have the 1080 founders ed. and stuff that was pretty good back then but I have since then lost my touch with these pieces of hardware and have no clue what is what anymore.
If I've being long time gone for a specific type of product and want to update, it is usually a two step process:
  • Find a web site that hold benchmark result from those that currently exist on the marked.
  • Then you figure the price for each. If you compare, you'll get a price per benchmark point (whatever that is) and usually for very expensive models, the pain curve (price) should be expected to raise higher than the benchmark curve.
as I have the 1080 founders ed. and stuff that was pretty good back then but I have since then lost my touch with these pieces of hardware and have no clue what is what anymore.
If I've being long time gone for a specific type of product and want to update, it is usually a two step process:
  • Find a web site that hold benchmark result from those that currently exist on the marked.
  • Then you figure the price for each. If you compare, you'll get a price per benchmark point (whatever that is) and usually for very expensive models, the pain curve (price) should be expected to raise higher than the benchmark curve.

Reactions: Darktalent33
Solution

TRENDING THREADS