[SOLVED] Can I plug a fan hub into the "CPU FAN" header?

Dec 22, 2020
I am a big noob with computers so forgive me for possibly asking a dumb question. I recently bought a pre-built gaming desktop (Asus ROG G15CS) and noticed there are only two fan headers on the motherboard (Asus G15CS board). The "CPU FAN" header, and the "CHA FAN" header for a case fan. I want to install 3 additional fans inside of the case, so since there are only two fan headers, I was wondering "would I be able to buy a fan hub and plug it into the "CPU FAN" header then plug the CPU fan into the fan hub?" Hope this wasn't confusing to understand. Essentially I just want to know if I can plug a fan hub into the CPU FAN header.

Solution
Do not attach anything else to the CPU fan connector except the CPU fan.

You use more on the chassis fan -- as long as you do not exceed the current limit on the chassis fan connector, so if it is 1A then it can handle 4 x .25A fans. Just check the specs, but the answer is usually yes -- I have three fans on most of my builds chassis fan connectors.

RealBeast

Titan
Do not attach anything else to the CPU fan connector except the CPU fan.

You use more on the chassis fan -- as long as you do not exceed the current limit on the chassis fan connector, so if it is 1A then it can handle 4 x .25A fans. Just check the specs, but the answer is usually yes -- I have three fans on most of my builds chassis fan connectors.

Solution