Question Can I plug a fan hub into the motherboard ?

Aug 2, 2024
I’m quite inexperienced about PCs.

I recently just got my self a build but the fans are connected to a cheap fan hub which has 10 slots for each having 6 pins for the fans. The hub is controlled by a remote which can only change speed by each level, change colour and the brightness.

I want to make the fans can sync the colour to be same as my ram, cooler and my gpu ( it has a problem, I can’t change the gpu colour) by controlling the fans thru mobo rgb software.

So I wonder, can I use a 3 pins connector to a 6 pins, plug the 3 pins into the mobo and the other end to one fan hub slot to change its speed colour and things without the remotes controller? I still plug the fan hub to a sata power cord

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you referring to the hub bundled in with aa Thermaltake AIO/fan bundled? We will need more info, please pass on images of the fan hub you speak of and the fans you're working with if you can't mention the make and models of the fan and hub.

Make and model of your motherboard?

Reactions: Harry_eating_poop
Aug 2, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you referring to the hub bundled in with aa Thermaltake AIO/fan bundled? We will need more info, please pass on images of the fan hub you speak of and the fans you're working with if you can't mention the make and models of the fan and hub.

Make and model of your motherboard?
So uhm, I bought a cheap bundle of fans, you might not know what brand it is but it’s name Redmoon but has a cool moon hub which I have no idea what’s the name, but it’s kinda flat, it has 10 slots that have 6 pins in each of them. The mobo I used is Asrock b760m pro rs wifi d4