Can i plug an 8-pin EPS 21V Cpu connector to a 8-pin ATX 12V Cpu header?

Solution
The 8 pin EPS 12v connector is basically a 2 x 4 pin connector for Mobo's that require more power than the older standard of a 4 pin ATX connector. I also think there are some Mobo's that require an 8 pin connector AND the 4 pin ATX connector too. I think the extra 4 pin ATX connector is used for powering GLAN, if I'm not mistaken.
It should be an 8-pin EPS 12V CPU connector, not a 21V, as you listed. But generally yes that is the correct connector.

Here is a webpage with a picture of one

eps.jpg

rp_dxn

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Sorry about that, just a typo..

The PSU ill be purchasing a Seasonic X650, it has a
1 x 4 Pin ATX12V connector
2 x 8 Pin EPS12V connector

The motherboard is Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H. the spec it has is
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V cpu power header

jbowmgIsd8oVRN.png
[/URL][/img]

So is it safe to plug the PSU's 8 Pin EPS12V connector to the Mobo's 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V cpu power header?
Or, is it safe to connect PSU's 4 Pin ATX12V connector to the Mobo's 8-pin ATX 12V cpu power header?

Thanks guys... Please help...

The 8 pin EPS 12v connector is basically a 2 x 4 pin connector for Mobo's that require more power than the older standard of a 4 pin ATX connector. I also think there are some Mobo's that require an 8 pin connector AND the 4 pin ATX connector too. I think the extra 4 pin ATX connector is used for powering GLAN, if I'm not mistaken.

Solution

rp_dxn

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Thank you for the clarification Sir. I just thought there might be some incompatibility due to the terms ATX and EPS. Im planning to build my first rig... hehe Thanks again!