can i plug in a subwoofer to female audio jack in car?

nipplethewhale

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
I have a subwoofer that has a male connector and a car that has a female audio jack. if i plug my subwoofer into it, will it work? or will i need to follow online instructions to properly install the subwoofer?

Solution
no, you need rca wires from yor head unit. if you have a stock head unit. you cen get a in line rca convertor and make rcas from stealing he signal from oneof your speaker wires. then ru the rca and the remote wire from the adapter to the amp, rca wires to rca in remote wire to remote wire terminal. then 4 guage power wire and ground . power wire from battery terminal with inline fuse 1 ft away from battery. power wire runs to power terminal on amp. ground wire ground from amp to metal chassis . speakr wires from amp to sub . thats the jist if you want to tech lmk. can just plug a sub into jack on radio.

steve1985

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
no, you need rca wires from yor head unit. if you have a stock head unit. you cen get a in line rca convertor and make rcas from stealing he signal from oneof your speaker wires. then ru the rca and the remote wire from the adapter to the amp, rca wires to rca in remote wire to remote wire terminal. then 4 guage power wire and ground . power wire from battery terminal with inline fuse 1 ft away from battery. power wire runs to power terminal on amp. ground wire ground from amp to metal chassis . speakr wires from amp to sub . thats the jist if you want to tech lmk. can just plug a sub into jack on radio.

Solution

Latest posts